Links to helpful resources.
7Travix21
Certs:
Network +

Re: How networking works

Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:14 am

That was very succinct and logically fluid. Thank you. Also, thank you for clarifying ports. I didn't know they were considered to operate on the transport layer. That was a bit foggy. Great explanation of NAT and firewalls, too. It's helpful to think of a firewall as "basically a router with some routing capabilities removed and packet filtering capabilities added."
7Travix21

approveme

Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:00 am

Once, home networks were primarily the realm of technophiles -- most families either didn't need or couldn't afford more than one computer. But now, in addition to using computers for e-mail, people use them for schoolwork, shopping, instant messaging, downloading music and videos, and playing games. For many families, one computer is no longer enough to go around. In a household with multiple computers, a home network often becomes a necessity rather than a technical toy.
A home network is simply a method of allowing computers to communicate with one another. If you have two or more computers in your home, a network can let them share:
Files and documents
An Internet connection
Printers, print servers and scanners
Stereos, TVs and game systems

CD burners

The different network types use different hardware, but they all have the same essential components:
More than one computer

Hardware (such as a router) and software (either built in to the operating system or as a separate application) to coordinate the exchange of information

A path for the information to follow from one computer to another

approveme

Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:08 am

In the world of computers, networking is the practice of linking two or more computing devices together for the purpose of sharing data. Networks are built with a combination of computer hardware and computer software. Some explanations of networking found in books and tutorials are highly technical, designed for students and professionals, while others are geared more to home and business uses of computer networks.

szejiekoh

Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:00 am

Thanks for the information

ramkrisheasy
Certs:
RHCE

Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:54 am

Awesome Post!

I Just Completed My CCNA Training.. Today I read this topic its really helpful Thanks for sharing this valuable information..

http://www.eazyitexams.com/

gfhgasgac

Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:18 am

All network devices connected to a given router interface (gateway) are configured using the same subnet as that interface.

Thomas Ford

Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:49 pm

Great post! Really helpful to get more understanding about networking.

deanwebb
Post Whore
Certs:
CCNA R&S, CCNP Security, BCEB, MOSMWNMTK

Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:57 am

That spammer with a link to a dumpsite, though, won't teach anything about networking. Avoid him.
Take a baseball bat and trash all the routers, shout out "IT'S A NETWORK PROBLEM NOW, SUCKERS!" and then peel out of the parking lot in your Ferrari.

http://www.networking-forums.com

Вопросы есть? Вопросов нет! | BCEB: Belkin Certified Expert Baffler | IT'S NOT THE FIREWALL!!!

acemary

Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:29 am

While your suggestion makes sense, our IT department's policy is not to get involved where it doesn't involve a connection to the company. Currently, I can successfully connect through VPN so there ends the extent of their responsibility. My problem is making my home network work without VPN involvement.
If you do have any suggestions re. settings, I would treat them with care, carefully noting any previous settings that I may have had to change. allowing me to be able to reinstate settings if neccessary .
thx. again.... Pega Training in Chennai | :D | Pega Training in Chennai :o
http://www.traininginsholinganallur.in/php-training-in-chennai.html

jessicaamirr
Certs:
dot net course certificate

Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:22 am

I would like a KPMG job. Can I get away with only jerking a guy off instead of sucking his dick?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cloud Computing Training in Chennai | Cloud Computing Training in Chennai | Linux Training in Chennai

zesha

Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:39 am

Thanks for the post.

ssraj
Certs:
CCNA

Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:24 am

It's Very Helpful for newbie in networking...Thanks for sharing...
<a href="http://www.technource.com/hire-php-developer">hire php developer</a>

deveshK

Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:38 am

Hello, I have just joined the forum and I have seen various topics and have collected useful information from this awesome forum. It’s such a great and beneficial place to be. :D

rodolfosevero007
Certs:
StiffMaister hahaha

Wed May 03, 2017 6:07 am

https://www.animmex.tv

Just want this old account banned and removed from the database, so a little spam should do the trick XD sorry btw and the website is legit they're good =D

'
Previous

Return to Useful Links/Tutorials