All home networking related discussions.
GeorgeLawshe
Certs:
none

Connect two Computers

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:56 pm

I have a clone desktop computer with Windows XP SP3. This computer is located in an equipment room with other cable TV equipment. This computer has a dialogic board to accept incoming request via a telephone to play videos to patients. As request from the patient are received, the computer creates a log that can be printed out.
My problem is having to go to the equipment room to print out the log. I would like to connect the Movie computer to a laptop in the office so I can print out the logs in the office. For security reasons the hospital will not allow the use of their internal network. The laptop or desktop in the office would be dedicated to this use only and I could use either Windows XP or Windows 7.
I was told I could use a router and connect the two computers together. My question are:
1. Is this correct?
2. What is maximum cable lengths?
3. What would be the best router?
4.Does it have to have an Internet Connection?
5. Detailed instructions on how to setup would be nice.
6. Would I be able to access the movie computer and print the log on a printer in my office?

Your help would be appreciated.

GeorgeLawshe

rodolfosevero007
Certs:
StiffMaister hahaha

Re: Connect two Computers

Wed May 03, 2017 6:12 am

https://www.animmex.tv

Just want this old account banned and removed from the database, so a little spam should do the trick XD sorry btw and the website is legit they're good =D

===========
Spam aside 100m you can use a router I spammed so much i'm now starting to be helpful -.- come on people ban me already this forum is dead

'

Return to Home Networking