I'm experiencing a widespread problem in my home network. it's a pretty basic setup:
- desktop (windows 7, functions as media server, wired connection - moca, homegroup with laptop)
- laptop (windows 7, plex client, wifi, homegroup with desktop)
- LG 47LV5500 TV (plex client, wired connection)
- HP Envy printer (wifi)
- Sonos system (wifi)
- various iOS devices, xbox (wired), and a couple blu ray players (wifi)
- all connected via an Actiontec MI424WR router from Verizon
this setup was all working perfectly for several months. last week, i went to log into the plex server via the LG tv and got an error stating the media server was not found. i also noticed that my shared libraries were not showing up in iTunes via home sharing. i tried installing various DLNA server applications on both the laptop and the desktop and none of them would show up on either the tv or the computers. the weird thing is the sonos system still shows up under the TV's DLNA input interface. plex still works fine on the iOS devices. the windows homegroup appears to be functioning normally.
i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling plex media server and itunes. i've tried disabling bonjour and manually entering the server ip for the plex client on the laptop, disabling ipv6, disabling antivirus and firewalls, resetting router to factory settings - basically, i've tried every software related issue i can find from five days of internet research. the only thing left i can think of is replacing the router. i'd like to hear thoughts on whether it's even possible that this is a problem with the router given that internet connectivity and windows homegroup are both fine.
anybody have any ideas?