CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CCDA, CCDP, CCDE, CCIE, CCSP, CCVP, CCIP.
john_j

questions about the CCNA cert.

Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi All,

I'm new here and as a way of introduction allow me explain that I've been working with Cisco and Juniper devices for several years and can make them function to some extent but want to learn more. I've looked at both the Juniper and Cisco learning paths and it appears to me that there is an abundance of books on the CCNA but many fewer that cover the JNCIA. It also appears that CCNA covers the functions of how data is built and transferred in greater depth, at least, at the start of the learning process than the Juniper material from what I've seen. It appears to me that the Juniper Cert assumes that you might already have a CCNA. Please, correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Does anyone have an opinion on Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching 200-120 Official Cert Guide and Simulator Library and do you know if the Simulator software runs on Linux. I suppose it might run in WINE. Have any of you tried this?

I'd like to know before I spend a lot of money on that particular book when that book is available without the software for much less money :)

'
Return to Cisco Certifications